Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bible Study!!!

Aww I love Wednesday night Bible Study. I look forward to it so so much! So we all gathered together last night and I was just so encouraged by what the other girls shared and I forgot to share something I read in my devotional. So I'm gonna post it here cuz I loved it and it just meant so much to me. So here it is:

Child of mine, lean hard,
And let Me feel the pressure of your care;
I know your burden, child, I shaped it;
Balanced it in Mine Own hand; made no proportion
In its weight to your unaided strength,
For even as I laid it on, I said,
"I will be near, and while she leans on Me,
This burden will be Mine, not hers;
So will I keep My child within the circling arms
Of My Own love." Here lay it down, nor fear
To impose it on a shoulder that upholds
The government of worlds. Yet closer come:
You are not near enough. I would embrace your care;
So I might feel My child reclining on my breast.
You love Me, I know. So then do not doubt;
But loving me, lean hard.
Lean hard. That is exactly what I've been doing lately. I have been leaning so hard on God and He is so powerful and so full of strength that in the midst of my trials that I think are so great, He offers to let me lean on Him for support and to give my trials to Him and in doing that, I will experience His love, and His comfort that He so wants to give me and that I frequently deny and He will just embrace me. My trials are trials that God has formed specifically for me and He will always be there for me to lean on because He knows that while I am overwhelmed the trials, they are so small in comparison to Him. I love how this excerpt above depicts God as beckoning us to lean and not just lean a little, but LEAN HARD. He is so willing and ready to take care of your every need. I know that I have been encouraged with this and so I just wanted to encourage you guys to lean hard on Christ because He is waiting to show you His matchless love and comfort.
A little side note, we had some more girls come this week so yay! And we are still praying for a musician to come. I love you all so so much!