Saturday, October 01, 2005

Boo on being sick

I'm sick today and it's really lame. It started last night at Riss' house, but now it's escalated and I'm full blown sick. The picture Janice had on her blog when she was sick is pretty much how I feel at this moment. However, I had the best conversation with a good friend last night who just totally encouraged me. The conversation made me realize that although things are kinda tough in my life right now that God has formed this trial and when it gets hard it's a test to see where my loyalties lie. Am I going to try to fix it? or am I going to trust God to lead me to His will which will give me peace. I have this hole where God should be and I keep trying to fill it with friends, family, any type of distraction that will keep me from thinking about the trial in my life and God is sitting there beckoning me to put Him there because it is where He belongs and it is what will bring me the joy and comfort that I'm seeking. God is so good to me and so good to be always be there for me. So that's me today, sick, but so incredibly well because I have the healer and the God of all comfort beside me.

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort."

God is so amazing!