Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Crazy Day...

So yesterday was quite a crazy day. Marisa and Jon took off to Iceland and Marisa and I cried saying goodbye...not so crazy, but emotional for sure. I then went and bought textbooks for school, yet again, not crazy but emotional...feelings of please why does school have to start so soon? Then I go to my grandparent's house which is where the crazy happened. I've been taking care of their house since Friday and on Sunday I went there twice. Once was in the morning and I did my devotions in the kitchen playing my praise music super loud and loving every moment of it. The only strange occurance was that when I got up to go to the bathroom, I thought I heard whispering voices. Weird. So I peeked down the hall in the direction that the voices came from, didn't see anything and figured I'm just crazy and continued to go back to my devos. I left about an hour later and came back a second time later that day to feed the dog and such. Fast forward to Monday, yesterday, I go to my grandma's house...the front door is not locked, the cat is inside the house, the alarm is still set, a side door is not locked, pictures are knocked over, my grandparents' bedroom window is broken, and the attic access door is on the floor broken. However, nothing appears to be missing. CRAZY. I call my dad, he says get out of the house someone could still be inside. So my dad, the homocide detective, his two detective friends and my police officer brother come and check out the house and they are puzzled as well because they can't figure out a point of entry or exit because of the alarm. So, eventually, 3 hours later, the Sheriff comes and they check it out and decide yes someone was in the house (CREEEPY!) but that someone must have known the alarm system. So, moral of the story. If you hear voices in a house, don't just think you're crazy, there could be creepy people inside with you! On the bright side, if they were in the house with me, they listened to some good Christian music for a good while and me singing along at the top of my lungs. :)