Monday, May 08, 2006

My thoughts...

"Bible knowledge will either change you or harden you"

That is what my professor said today in Theology and I thought it was a great point. He was talking about how when it comes to Scriptures, to know something is to do it. For instance, if you say that you know that prayer is important, you will pray. You won't just be lazy about doing it, but you will do it fervently because you actually believe in your heart not just in your head that it is an important thing to do. And he made the point that we can only live out what we know. Your lifestyle as a Christian and the things that you believe about God are what shape your choices and make you live life the way that you do.

He made the point that most Christians know a lot. Most of the time when Christians sin it is not something that they didn't know was wrong. They knew it was wrong and they did it. Sometimes maybe they didn't know it was a wrong thing, but the majority of the time they knew it to be wrong. And that knowledge is what we are held accountable for. And if you do not act on that knowledge if you let it just stay in your head and not make its way to your heart you will become hardened. It was a weird to think that Bible knowledge could be dangerous, but in fact it is. Because while you can know tons and tons of information on what you should be doing with your life, if you never ever apply that knowledge to your life, you will become hardened to it.

I just really was convicted by that because I think that I know quite a lot from being in a Christian atmosphere for my whole life, but I also know that I have been hardened to a lot of the information because I didn't apply it and that will hurt me because I will be held accountable. Just thought I'd share that cuz I thought it was cool. Hopefully you thought it was too.