Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Bible Study

Just had Bible Study with Riss and I just love to do that. She shared an excerpt from C. S. Lewis and it was just really amazing about giving everything to Christ and how we need to give Him all of us not just some. And I just love spending time with that girl cuz she's just my little piece of joy. I love being able to share about our lives with eachother too cuz it just allows me to spill my troubles and fears and anxieties and I know she'll be interceding to God for me and then she shares to me her life and what's going on and I just need that. I feed on fellowship with other Christians. Especially those closest to me. It's when I spend that time praying with Eddie or Riss and just sharing with them what God is doing and what he's testing me in and what I need to change. It's like it fulfills me. I feel like in those moments of sharing about Christ and His work in me that I'm fulfilled in knowing that God is alive in our lives and He's slowly working on us to make us into who and what He wants. mmmmmmm...happy moment for me...I'm reading this book called "Orthodoxy" by G. K. Chesterton and this quote caught my eye today. He was talking about suicide and said:

"Not only is suicide a sin, it is the sin. It is the ultimate and absolute evil, the refusal to take an interest in existence; the refusal to take the oath of loyalty to life."

Then he compares a thief with a person who commits suicide:

"The thief compliments the thing he steals, if not the owner of them. But the suicide insults everything on earth by not stealing it. He defiles every flower by refusing to live for its sake. There is not a tiny creature in the cosmos at whom his death is not a sneer. When a man hangs himself on a tree, the leaves might fall off in anger and the birds fly away in fury: for each has received an affront. The man's crime (suicide) is different from other crimes for it makes even crimes impossible."

He then compares a martyr and a suicide. "The martyr flung away his life; he is noble, exactly because (however he renounces the world or execrates all humanity) he confesses this ultimate link with life; he sets his heart outside himself: he dies that something may live. The man who commits suicide throws away life; he has not this link with being: he is a mere destroyer; spiritually, he destroys the universe. "

He definitely makes you think....but I love it :)