Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's just one of those days...

Ok, so I'm not the best driver in the world, but I consider myself average. No accidents yet. Plenty of near ones, but no broken bones, inflated air bag incidents for me. Thank God for that. And this morning I did not break bones or inflate my airbag, but I did something absolutely beyond repair to my poor little self esteem, embarrassing. Ok....here goes, so I was backing out of my drive way and normally I can pull my car around so that I exit my driveway facing forward. However, today this guy that's working on our house parked his huge work truck sideways and awkward to where I could not turn around and I had to just back out into the street. So, I'm moving right along making sure not to hit his truck or my dad's car or the trees that are nearby. So I make it past all those obstacles and I'm almost to the street and I feel a bump and figure it's a rock or something and I keep backing into the street. Now a truck is coming as I'm turning around in the street and they slow down and stare at me. So I'm like hmm ok I'm blocking the road so they are staring that must be it. Then I realize the bump hasn't left me, I'm dragging something. I pull forward into my lane and start to drive away and in my rear view mirror I see both our trash cans smack in the middle of the road and trash strewn about in both lanes. CRAP! So now I'm going to be late for school and plus I'm completely embarrassed, but I know I have to go pick it up because my parents will kill me if I leave it, not to mention cars will destroy our trash cans and throw trash all over the place.

So I go back to pick up the trash and the trash cans and I'm dodging cars while I pick everything up. I'm also holding up this other big work truck and the man is just staring at me smiling while I pick up everything. I finally got on the road again and on to school, but not without my poor self esteem being shattered and me feeling like an idiot. I think this incident perhaps rates higher than a month ago when I crushed my hand in Marisa's gate trying to close it and then stepped in dog poop two seconds later while walking to her front door.