Saturday, February 25, 2006

mmm C.S. Lewis and A.W. Tozer

I'm reading The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer and Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis and they are both amazing. I feel Tozer introduces me to a whole new aspect of God and what it means to seek Him and Lewis to a whole new aspect of satan's temptations.

One of the the statements that hit me hard in Tozer's book was when he said:

"Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted. Too bad with many of us He waits so long, so very long, in vain".

Christ always talks in the Bible about seeking after Him as for hidden treasure and He tells us that if we seek Him we will find Him. I guess for me I've just suddenly realized how true that is. Why would God reveal Himself to someone who doesn't even seek for Him? If you seek the world you find the world. If you seek God, you find Him in all His glory and all His peace just completely covers you. I've been struggling in one of those down times trying to find God. But I was trying to find Him by looking inside myself. Once I let that go and sought Him and Him alone, He wrapped me in His arms and made me feel so peaceful as if all the world just stopped and nothing mattered anymore except that He lives. I love those times and those moments when our eyes are so fixed on the eternal that all here on earth just disappears.

I also highly recommend reading You are Special by Max Lucado. It's a children's book, but it's pretty much the best thing ever. If you ever feel like why should God love me or if you ever feel down for any reason you just read it and it will boost your heart with love. I'm going to go read it now. So anyways I just had to get that out in the open and hopefully it was encouraging.

Last of all, one more quote for the road...STAY ACTIVE, THE DEVIL LOVES IDLE HANDS. I heard that in a sermon one time and it's good to remember. Always stay in the Word and in prayer because when you stop, as I did a couple weeks ago, it leaves you open and susceptible to the devil's lies. Alright well I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Riss, my little darling, I will see you today. :)